Dr. Edward Currie assists the Firm's attorneys and their clients on complex matters of intellectual property, technology licensing and acquisition, and on general business matters.
- Degrees: BSEE, MS Physics, Ph.D. Physics.
- Majors: Physics, Engineering-Mechanical and Electrical, Mathematical Physics.
- Co-founder of PC Magazine (1981), which became the largest circulation magazine on the personal computer.
- Founder of The C++ Journal (1989), a leading C++ language journal.
- Founder of The Developers Newsletter (1989)
- Publisher of the PostScript Journal (1990).
- Publisher of Lifelines Magazine (1981-1988).
- Contributing Editor: PC World Magazine, MacWorld, and PC Magazine.
- Assistant Editor Plasma Instabilities and Anomalous Transport Proceedings.
- University of Miami Physics Department (1966)
Current / Completed Authorship Projects
- Nearing completion of an advanced textbook on embedded systems employing programmable systems on a chip and ARM/8051 architectures.
- Revising a graduate level textbook entitled Statistical Thermophysics by Harry S. Robertson, Prentice Hall (1990).
- Developing a textbook on entrepreneurship for Electrical and Computer Engineers based on a course introduced at Hofstra.
- Coauthored a textbook on embedded systems published by Cypress Press and Springer.
- Currently completing a textbook on programmable systems on a chip and embedded systems.
- Founder of IRUG, Intel’s User Group.
- Co-author of Introduction to Mixed-Signal Embedded Design (2008) and Laboratory Manual for Introduction to Mixed Signal Embedded Design (2008). Published by Springer (2011)
- Consultant to Cypress Semiconductor, a public corporation, to help develop long range marketing and technology strategies for the corporation’s core technology.
- Served on multiple thesis committees of Doctoral candidates at Stony Brook University Department of Electrical Engineering.
- Authored numerous technical articles in national and international trade magazines.
- Currently working as a consultant on an NSF- funded Engineering entrepreneurship program.
- Served as a judge in the 2012, $50,000 Cade Museum for Creativity and Invention competition.
- Consultant for Kanen Law Firm on technology licensing, patents, inventions, copyright and trademarks.
- Pending and issued patents in the areas of biometrics, database technology, encryption and telecommunications.
Board of Director Positions Held
- InterSoft Incorporated
- CANVS Corporation
- Com-Guard (Public Company)
- Personal Computer Products
- Who’s Who in Computers
- Recipient of the Sybex Microcomputer Pioneer Award.
- Extensive quotations in New York Times, Wall Street Journal, New York Post, Fortune Magazine, NewsWeek, BusinessWeek, Time Magazine.
- Quoted in many of the popular books on the history of microcomputers
- Radio and TV appearances
Public Speaking Engagements
- Miller Freeman’s Software Development Conference
- Rosen Release 1.0 Conference
- The National Software Show, International Software Update Conference
- Nassau Community College
- Local IEEE chapters
- 2D and 3D Color night vision systems, embedded systems, programmable systems on a chip, chaotic systems (Lorenz, RLD, etc.), environmental monitoring systems, biometrics parallel computing and image processing.